Parent and family volunteers are crucial to the success of Our Lady of Mercy. It is very important that all families actively participate in Mercy volunteer opportunities. Just as current Mercy students are required to give hours of service each year, we encourage our current parents to volunteer at least 20 hours for Mercy activities and/or events over the course of the school year.
There are many ways parents and family members can volunteer to help Mercy:
- Planning and executing school fundraisers such as the Gala (November), Car Raffle (January-March), Fine Arts Cabaret (February), etc.
- Manning the concessions stand and ticketing gate at sports and fine arts events
- Bringing food and/or drinks for Mercy events like Open House, Homecoming, and Teacher Appreciation days
- Driving a bus for Mercy teams or events
- Chaperoning students on retreat or fieldtrips
- Assisting with school facilities and maintenance (garden work days, etc.)
These are just some of the numerous ways we rely on our parents' time and talents here at OLM.
Volunteering opportunities are usually announced via school email so please check your emails often.
For specific inquires:
1. Athletic Events: Contact Bill Schmitz at email@example.com
2. Fine Arts Events: Contact Jennifer Cawley at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Spiritual Events: Contact Father Drummer at email@example.com
4. Advancement, Marketing and Fundraising: Contact Cynthia Launay-Fallasse at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Hospitality: Contact Amanda Smith at email@example.com
To report completed parent service hours, please use the Parent Volunteer Completion Form and turn it in to the front office. For questions on how you can help or more information, please contact Cynthia Launay-Fallasse.
Thank you for sharing your time and talent with Our Lady of Mercy.